Chances are, you’ve had your computer lock up, printer fail, or your laptop fail to connect to the internet. Not only are these problems frustrating, but they’re also huge time wasters that put a damper on productivity. If you’re tired of IT-related problems getting in the way of your workday, here are a few simple tips that can keep these issues to a minimum:
- Have a tech support plan — Sure, technology can be a pain, but the headaches that sometimes happen are minor compared with the efficiencies it provides. Whether you run a small business or a huge corporation, keep in mind that tech problems do happen, but how you deal with them is what matters.
- Invest in new technology — It seems like technology improves on an almost daily basis. Generally speaking, it’s a good idea to replace your laptops and desktops and servers every four to six years. This can eliminate problems from outdated programs and keep your business ahead of the curve.
- Simplify — There may be an app or software program that your business needs, but the more solutions you deploy, the more problems that are likely to occur. Focus on installing suites of products your business can benefit from, like Microsoft Office, and focus on your business processes next.
- Train your staff — Many companies install new technology and leave it up to their employees to figure it out. Make sure your employees have access to the resources they need to do their job well and then help them know how to use them so they use the technology to its full potential.
- Get IT help — No matter the size of your business, you’re going to need IT help at some point. At John McCann and Associates, Inc., our value-driven IT services are designed to make things run smoother for you and your employees. Our goal is to minimize problems that detract from your business’ day-to-day operations, so give us a call today to find out how we can help!