Television has Parental Controls to keep the bad things away from our kids, but what about the Internet?
How do you protect your child while he/she is doing their online homework?
As parents, we strive to protect our kids from all potential dangers in the world, both physical and digital. There are services that can be installed on your computers that will block unwanted data:
- Adults Only
There is no reason for any child to be subject to adult material, whether online or on television.
1st things 1st we are a Christian based Computer Repair and Small Business Network Management Company, we do not condone many of the unfortunate data that can easily be found online. It is our goal to educate and help implement solutions that keep “bad internet” away from underage children.
There are too many options for Internet Parental Control for us to suggest just one software, so we try to educate and inform and help our clients decide the best solution or their age based children. Google “Internet Parental Control” and surf through several websites, look for specific filtering applications like: Profanity, Images & Videos. These are the BIG 3 that make their way on our kid’s screens.
- Make a list of the things you wish to block before you begin your research and be prepared to expand that list exponentially as your learn more about this type of threat.
- Look for software that can be customized to your discretion, not just some “out of the box” filtering. Filtering terms and phrases as you encounter them without simply assuming they will be removed.
- Find software that will update, threats never remain static.
- Free Trials are always good, but don’t buy more than you need.
- Call 704-662-6845 and we will be happy to assist.
Protecting our future community leaders from damaging data on the Internet is never a bad idea and assuming your teenager would never look at bad things online is naïve.