More is better, so here are a few more iPad tips for you to try.
- USB docks may not provide enough power for your iPad, when using a USB port on some PC’s, use one in the back of the computer. The USB ports on the front may be a lower power port.
- Stream your videos, movies and music from your iPad using AirPlay. Whenever the AirPlay icon appears, you can stream the movie to your Apple TV which is connected to your home television. Tap the icon and enjoy the show.
- The “Find my iPhone” works for your iPad too! Go to Settings – iCloud – Enter your ID and turn on “Find My iPad”. In the event your iPad is missing, you can access your iCloud from another device and locate it.
- Did you know that any wireless Apple keyboard will work with your iPad? As a matter of fact, your iPad will work with any Bluetooth keyboard.
- Love your Google calendar and your iPad? Easily add your Google calendar to your iPad’s calendar app; go to Settings – Open Mail – Contacts – Calendars and then Add an Account – tap Other on Add CalDav Account and enter your Google login info. When you leave the Settings app and tap on your calendar app, your events from your Google calendar will appear.
- Want to take a screen shot with your iPad, press Home then Sleep/Wake and when you hear the click, your screen shot has been saved to your Photos, now you can share them via email just like a photo.
- Do you have a High Definition TV? Did you know that your iPad can connect to your television? Use Apple’s digital AV adapter and connect your iPad dock adaptor to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Spotlight searches your entire iPod by default; adjust the settings to search only what you want by going to Settings – General – Spotlight Search.
John McCann & Associates