What will your next computer purchase be? Have you done your research? Do you know more about the features you want than the capabilities or are you one of the few that understand both side of a computer purchase?
- A desktop will provide better performance than a mobile device
- The tower will store more data
- Desktops are a lot faster
- The life of a desktop greatly exceeds many other computers
- You can share a desktop with other family or office members
- Better graphics editing, design capabilities and gaming options
- Not mobile
- They can be expensive
- Prone to get viruses
- Very mobile
- Wi-Fi access
- Slim and lightweight frame
- As powerful as some computers
- Shorter lifespan
- Battery life diminishes quickly
- Low cost.
- Small and portable.
- Use anywhere there’s Wi-Fi.
- No desktop applications
- Less storage space
- Speeds are susceptible
- Small enough to fit in a purse
- Literally unlimited functionality via Apps
- Easy to use Kiosk interface
- Expensive (at least the good ones are)
- Good Apps are not free
- Easily stolen
So as you ponder your next purchase, consider all the factors involved with your decision. Price should never be a determining variable, it will always let you down. But on the other hand, don’t over pay for a BIG name brand, just because of their marketing.
Education is the key to a positive purchase! With Google and websites like: New Egg, Tiger Direct and hundreds others, it’s not painstaking to weigh your options and compare apples to apples (or PC’s to PC’s).
John McCann & Associates, Inc.
IT Management for Small Business
Computer Services, Solutions & Support